Follow me on:

Tuesday 5 August 2014

Review: City Hollywood Café + Chatime!

Hello once again!
Pacific Mall

Chatime Bubble Tea


Today I went out with my boyfriend to Pacific Mall and Market Village, a small plaza near the mall, to eat and walk around! Pacific Mall is a popular Asian mall in Markham that is full of bubble tea stores and food. I took the bus to Pacific mall with one goal in mind: Chatime. For those who don't know what Chatime is, it's a popular bubble tea franchise that originates from Taiwan. There are only 3 Chatime franchises that I know of around here: one in down town Toronto, one at Finch Station. and one in Pacific Mall - perfect for bubble tea lovers! I ordered one of the most popular bubble tea: Chatime Pearl Milk Tea. It came out to $4.75 CAN including tax for a regular drink - which is quite enough for me!

Chatime Pearl Milk Tea
(I love how the drink comes out exactly how it's advertised!
 None of that McDonalds stuff! :P )
I must say that the first time I tried Chatime in July, I fell in love! They mastered the Hong Kong milk tea taste well and wow, it is great. :) Normally I don't like tapioca (the black balls) but their tapioca was so good that even I loved it. The texture feels smooth, bouncy, and wholesome and is very tasty to eat. They put quite a bit of tapioca in your drink so that each time you drink, you get a couple in your mouth which also complements the milk tea flavour well. The milk tea is very sweet - though you can also ask them to put less sugar or no ice - which was great for me as I like my drinks sweet. There is also a free membership card that allows you to accumulate points (1 point per order) for a free drink! You can receive your card at any Chatime location. If you want to find out more, click: http://chatime.com/#rewards

Benefits of the membership card are:
10 points = free regular drink
100 points = become a Chatime Elite Rewards member. (More benefits)

Front entrance
Outdoor seating! A great plus for the nicer days




















Afterwards, we walked around the mall and the plaza until we got hungry and headed to City Hollywood Café. The restaurant is located in the Market Village Plaza - easily located in a corner. This restaurant sells mainly Hong Kong Western style food and is very famous for their chicken wings! It's been around for many many years though this is the first time I've set foot in the restaurant.

The atmosphere in the café was quite calming, clean, and homely. There were decorations placed all over the walls displaying famous actresses, actors, bands, and clap boards which gave the restaurant a unique theme and feeling. The washroom even had an actor/actress on the door to indicate which was female or male! So Hollywood-esque! The restaurant also had multiple televisions set all around the restaurant for diners to enjoy while they eat. We were pointed towards our seating and here are a few pictures of the table setup:

Girl: IF YOU LOVE ME, EAT IT ALL!
(Sorry for the bad quality! This picture was a nice little decoration at my table)
The menu! Cool right?
Placemats and a nice cup of hot tea.
We sat at a table for four which was pleasant as we had lots of room for ourselves! The menu had lots of Hong Kong western style food as well as a few pages of the usual Chinese food, sandwiches, alcoholic drinks, and sodas. They also have a delicious breakfast section for any of you guys who want to go there bright and early. We knew that the restaurant was quite famous for its chicken wings so we ordered a basket of honey garlic chicken wings at a price of $14.99 (excluding tax and tips).

Honey garlic chicken wings with fries and gravy
The basket had a total of 20 chicken wings with fries and gravy. (whoo!) I would say it's a pretty good deal considering this basket was filling enough for both my boyfriend and I! Haha, or we just have small stomachs. The metal basket was also very cool looking - though you can't really see it from this photo. I really enjoyed the taste of the wings because it had a strong taste of honey garlic and had a very mouth-watering waft. Mmm! Although we were given a bottle of ketchup, the fries were already covered in honey garlic sauce - not that I minded because it tasted really good just like that. For those who also enjoy gravy on their fries, the servers provided an additional side of gravy. 

Overall: The servers were extremely quick to attend and provide anything we needed which was fantastic! (I have had too many experiences of servers either forgetting what I needed or failing to even acknowledge me at all! /cry) The mood was cosy and made it easy for me to get comfortable in my seat and relax after a long day of walking. The food tasted awesome and came at an equally awesome price! There are no private dining rooms unfortunately, for those who needed them. However, they do take reservations and deliver. This is a pretty good restaurant and I would go there again - especially if it's for those yummy wings. :)

City Hollywood Café 
Address: 4372 Steeles Ave E, Markham, ON M1V 4S5
Phone: (905) 305-8877
Hours: 8:00 am - 1:00 am

2 comments: